Join DC’s Next Generation Of Philanthropists
Become Part Of SOME’s Young Professionals’ Network and Build A Legacy
Our Young Professionals Network (YPN) is an engaged group of individuals aged 21 to 40 who support SOME as fundraisers, volunteers, advocates, and ambassadors. Since its inception, YPN has raised over $3 million to assist our neighbors in finding paths out of poverty. Its members participate in a myriad of activities, including special events, professional development programs, days of service, and volunteer initiatives.
- Advocate for SOME via volunteerism, advocacy, and fundraising
- Gain access to a community of emerging and talented young professionals across sectors
- Benefit from professional development opportunities and experiences that may lead to nonprofit leadership and board member positions
- Enjoy year-round social and networking events and opportunities
- Assist in planning and coordinating SOME activities and fundraisers, such as the annual Spring Fling Fundraising Gala
- Advise on new ways to engage with various stakeholders, partners, and donors
- Bring greater awareness and attention to priorities in the fight against poverty and homelessness
Supporting SOME gives me the opportunity to serve others in a meaningful way. The opportunities to serve are endless, from directly interacting with clients in the Dining Room to raising funds for an incredibly well run organization. SOME has the scale to meaningfully improve thousands of lives in the Capitol Region by providing housing, sustenance, training, education, and countless other services.
SOME has and continues to be a pillar in the DC community. As a native Washingtonian, I fully understand the critical services and resources SOME offers. As Co-Chair of the Young Professional Bard, I am committed to amplifying the work of this incredible organization and finding opportunities to engage others.
Become Part of Our Mission
Click here to help build a strong foundation for young professional engagement at SOME and better futures for those experiencing poverty and homelessness. For more information, please contact Brett Curtis at 202-599-4626 or firstname.lastname@example.org.