Creating Health Equity For All
Healing Bodies and Nourishing Souls
Everyone deserves access to high-quality health care. When you arrive at our medical clinic, you’ll be greeted by knowledgeable and caring staff who are committed to your physical, emotional, and social health. They understand the unique wellness challenges facing those experiencing poverty and homelessness, and focus on treating the whole person with respect and compassion. Our medical clinics offer primary care services, dental and behavioral health services, as well as medication management, support in obtaining insurance, diabetes management, eye care, and podiatry. In addition, our eye clinic is one of the only free clinics in the city that allows clients to receive free annual eye exams and prescription glasses.
At SOME, we care deeply about your health and wellbeing. Once you become a patient, our providers will help you explore other available programs, including case management, workforce development, affordable housing, mental health and addiction services, and food and clothing resources.
SOME offers a variety of health and mental wellness services, and provides access to additional programs to support your overall well being.
- Primary care
- Annual “well woman” exams
- Lab testing
- HIV, hepatitis, and STD testing and treatment
- TB testing
- Chronic care management (diabetes, asthma, COPD)
- Diabetes support group
- Eye clinic: ophthalmology services and access to free glasses
- Podiatry/foot care
- Medication management assistance
- Addiction recovery services
- Support in obtaining health insurance
- Support in obtaining identification
- Same-day access to behavioral health support. Ask to be connected to a SOME consultant for help with managing stress, anxiety, grief, loss, depression, anger, substance abuse, weight loss, diabetes, smoking cessation, and other issues.
- Telehealth and language services available
- Together4Health Chronic Health Care Management
We're Here for You
Contact: 202.381.0899 – for after hours access call 301.953.4574
Location: 60 O Street, NW, Washington, DC 20001
Hours: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. ET, Monday through Fridays
Walk-in Hours: 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. to 3 p.m, Monday through Friday
Diabetes Support Group Schedule: Call 202.797.8806
Eligibility: Patients must be at least 18 years of age and a DC resident.
The SOME Medical Clinic accepts patients regardless of their ability to pay. We accept various insurance plans–including Medicare, DC Medicaid, Medstar, Alliance, Amerihealth, and Carefirst–and have a sliding scale of fees. We will also assist eligible patients in applying for insurance.