Impact Comes In Many Forms

Ways to Donate

Your donation will provide food for the hungry, medical care for the sick, affordable, safe homes for those experiencing homelessness, and other services that protect and transform the lives of those experiencing hardship in our community.

Deciding how to create a legacy is an important personal decision. Your planned gift to SOME may be part of a comprehensive estate plan that will enable you to provide for your loved ones and community in ways that maximize personal objectives and minimize personal taxes. 

To receive a copy of our planned giving booklet, “Legacy of Hope,” contact Colby Mullen at (202)-235-1561 or

You may be able to increase your impact via an employer-sponsored giving/matching gift program. Many organizations match employee contributions to qualifying organizations, yet billions of dollars in matching gift funds goes unclaimed every year. And, if you volunteer with SOME, your employer may provide us with a grant related to your efforts/area of interest or double your donation to recognize your ongoing support. Learn more.

Click here to create a personal online fundraiser to mark a special event, honor a loved one, or illustrate your support of SOME’s mission and work. You’ll be able to easily personalize your page and share it with your family, friends, and colleagues, building awareness of our efforts to end poverty and homelessness in the DC area. 

Support SOME by making a charitable gift in Bitcoin or another cryptocurrency.  Making a cryptocurrency donation to support SOME helps individuals and families experiencing poverty and homelessness in Washington, DC. We accept donations in Bitcoin, Ethereum, and over 40 leading cryptocurrencies, which may be deducted to the fullest extent permitted by law and significantly reduce what you may otherwise owe in capital gains.  Please contact Colby Mullen at (202)-235-1561 or to learn more about the impact of giving cryptocurrency to SOME.

To make a credit card donation over the phone, please call (202) 381-0516.

To make a donation by mail, please print out and mail this Contribution Form to: SOME 71 O Street NW Washington DC, 20001

A donor advised fund (DAF) is a special philanthropic account at a financial institution, community foundation, or public charity to recommend grants to your favorite organizations like SOME. There are three things you may need when recommending a grant from your DAF to SOME: Our Legal Name is SOME, Inc.; Our Tax Identification Number is 23-7098123; and our principal office is located at 71 O Street NW, Washington, DC 20001. Once you recommend a grant to SOME, please notify David Sokolowski at (202) 792-8353 or of your fund name, the amount of your grant, and any other pertinent details.

Transferring an IRA distribution to a charity allows retirees to avoid paying income tax on the amount withdrawn, and these qualified charitable distributions can be used to satisfy IRA required minimum distributions. Qualifying distributions may be made in amounts up to $100,000 per year. To learn more about directing your qualified charitable distribution to SOME contact Colby Mullen at or (202)-235-1561.

If you have a Vanguard account, you can easily transfer mutual funds to SOME. Download the “Giving Fund Shares to Organizations” form  from the Vanguard website, fill it in, and mail to SOME at 71 O St NW Washington, DC 20001 or email it to David Sokolowski at  for completion. We will send it to Vanguard for processing. If you are planning your transaction to occur in a particular year, please send the forms to us at least 10 days before the last business day of that year.

You can provide consistent support to SOME with monthly contributions that are automatically deducted from your checking account or credit card. You’ll retain complete control of your giving, and may increase, decrease, or suspend your contributions at any time. To make a monthly gift by credit card, checking account, PayPal or Apple Pay,  click here

To access our self service portal and adjust your monthly gift, or see your giving history, please click here!

The two-step procedure for donating stock or bonds to SOME is as follows:

Step One:

Transfer the gift directly to our investment account at Charles Schwab 

DTC Firm Number: 0164 

Code 40 Account Name: SOME, Inc. 

Account Number: 1752-4701

Step Two:

Notify SOME of your gift by contacting David Sokolowski at or at (202) 792-8353. Please include the name and number of shares of the stock, bonds, or funds donated, and your full name and address, including a phone number in case our broker needs additional information. Step 2 is very important because it will allow us to properly record and thank you for your gift. You can deduct (to the extent provided by law) the mean value of the stock on the day SOME receives it into our account.

Honor the memory of a loved one or celebrate a special event in a friend or family member’s life by making a gift in their name to SOME. We will notify them of your gift via a personalized email or, if you choose, a personalized card.   Select the “I’d like to make this contribution in honor or memory of someone” option on our online form. If you or your loved one has selected SOME as the beneficiary of tribute gifts, please contact Alison Donovan at 202.235.1574 or

SOME accepts all types of vehicles from all 50 states. Please click here or call 844-SOME-AUTO to learn more.

You may designate SOME in your Combined Federal Campaign (#74405) or United Way Campaign (#8189) giving.