The Intake Line for SOME Single Adult Housing is now closed. For questions about Single Adult Housing, please email [email protected].

Criteria to be considered for residency

Be willing to live in an Alcohol and Drug Free facility.

Be willing to share facilities such as kitchen, bathroom, and lounge (applies to SRO units only).

Have no recent history (within the past year) of violent behavior.

Residents must be eligible under the District of Columbia Housing Authority (DCHA):

  • Must not be a lifetime register on the sex offender registry.
  • Single person, 18 years of age or older.
  • Must not owe DCHA any money, unless you are able to settle the debt prior to applying.
  • Please note: Homelessness is a requirement for two of our housing programs.

Provide three professional references – references should have known applicant for a minimum of six months. At least one reference must be from someone who has known applicant for over six months.

Paperwork Checklist
Required Documentation

  • Referral letter confirming homelessness and residency
  • Documentation of six consecutive months of clean time
  • Birth Certificate (substituting documents: Green Card, Passport, Social Security Statement printout with Date of Birth information, or US Employment Authorization Card)
  • Social Security Card or SSA printout with SSN indication
  • State Identification Card, Driver License, or Provisional License
  • DCHA Client Placement Receipt
  • Proof of Employment Income (three recent paystubs)
  • Proof of Benefits (Social Security or IDA Statement (not approval letters), Retirement)
  • Police Clearance
  • TB/PPD Results (within the last year)

If Applicable Documentation

  • Notarized name change verification letter (If your name is spelled wrong, missing suffix (such as Jr. or Sr.) or appears differently on Birth Certificate, ID, and Social Security Card, you need to provide a notarized letter. In the letter, you need to indicate the following information: “I am confirming the name on birth certificate (Jane Kane Doe), ID (Jane K. Doe), and Social Security Card (Jane Doe) is the same person “(without quotes).
  • Mitigation letter from current Probation or Parole Officer stating compliance status on agency letterhead.
  • Mitigation letter from former Probation or Parole Officer stating completion (within the last five years) on agency letterhead.


The Washington Post Top Work Places 2015 Charity Navigator Four Star Charity