Ensuring Children In DC A Healthy Breakfast With Safeway Foundation’s Nourishing Neighbors Program
District neighbors, while you purchase food to support your family this month, consider shopping at your local Safeway store. This month SOME (So Others Might Eat) is partnering with eight Safeway stores across DC to raise money for SOME's Breakfast for Kids program (SBFK) through Safeway Foundation's Nourishing Neighbors fundraiser.
SOME Breakfast for Kids is the newest program offered by our Family Services team to provide nutritious breakfast options for children residing in our affordable housing during the time in which schools are on break and children cannot access DC Public Schools' free breakfast. When visiting one of the listed Safeway locations below, you’ll have the opportunity to donate when you checkout from September 1 – 30 to donate to the Nourishing Neighbors fundraiser and help us keep our neighborhood kids fed:
1. (Alabama Avenue Safeway) Located at 2845 Alabama Ave SE Washington DC 20020
2. (City Vista Safeway) Located at 490 L St. NW Washington DC 20001
3. (Petworth Safeway) Located at 3830 Georgia Ave NW Washington DC 20011
4. (Waterfront Safeway) Located at 1100 4th St SW Washington DC 20024
5. (Georgetown Safeway) Located at 1855 Wisconsin Ave NW Washington DC 20007
6. (Columbia Road Safeway) Located at 1747 Columbia Rd NW Washington DC 20009
7. (Hechinger Mall Safeway) Located at 1601 Maryland Ave NW Washington DC 20002
8. (Connecticut Avenue Safeway) Located at 5545 Connecticut Ave NW Washington DC 20015
Safeway Foundation’s Nourishing Neighbors aims to fight hunger by helping keep food banks stocked, supporting meal distribution programs at schools, and supporting programs that provide food to seniors. As a program of Safeway Foundation, Nourishing Neighbors is working to eradicate childhood hunger in America. Their September giving campaign is focused on raising funds to ensure that every child in our neighborhood has access to a healthy breakfast.