This March, SOME is dedicating the entire month to Hunger Awareness through our #FillSOMEBowls campaign! Join us on March 1st to kick off our month-long campaign to combat hunger in our nation’s capital and support SOME’s programs and services.
We've put a new twist on our annual Empty Bowls event, and this year we're changing the conversation! In the past, we've raised funds through the sale of beautifully handcrafted, "empty bowls" as a reminder that there are people in the District and all over the nation suffering from hunger, but in 2021 we're combatting hunger more aggressively, and working to FILL those empty bowls.
A donation of any size to our #FillSOMEBowls campaign will provide a lovely bowl to a resident in SOME's affordable housing programs and help fill the empty bowls of those who come to SOME for a meal.
WONDERING HOW TO GET INVOLVED?
- Use hashtags, likes, shares, post pictures and videos and re-post our stories to educate your friends about hunger in the District! Be sure to tag us!
- Become a foodie for the month! Click below for our #SOMERecipeoftheWeek and share your own fun recipes with us using #FillSOMEBowls
- Tune-in to our weekly Cooking Demonstrations on Instagram Live every Wednesday at 12:00 p.m. during our #FillSOMEBowls Hunger Awareness Month! Join us here: instagram.com/some_dc/live/
- In Case You Missed It: Watch a recording of our live cooking demo with @auntiebstay! Get the recipe here: https://bit.ly/3qI5VKu
- In Case You Missed It: Click the Recipe of the Week for SOME's 3- Ingredient Orange Chicken, as prepared by SOME's Wellness Program Manager, Sierra Coppage
- In Case you Missed It: Visit Healthy Living Inc. to learn more about how Founder and CEO, Juliette Tahar and her team are partnering with client organizations to provide nutrition education and healthy cooking outreach programs. Click here for Healthy Living Inc.'s Stir Fry Vegetables Recipe
Dine-to-Donate! : Dine out to help #FillSOMEBowls! Visit or order from our restaurant partners and ask about how to support SOME's Dining Room and other services. Post your visit to social media and tag the restaurant and SOME! Check back weekly or visit our Community Events for new additions to our resturant partners list!
Donate to help us reach our $12,500 goal to help provide meals for an entire month!
Follow us on our social media platforms and share our posts for a chance to win the weekly giveaway!
Check out what we've been posting!
For more information, please contact Siannah Marcellin at 202-750-3687 or [email protected].
Thank you for your ongoing support of SOME.